Monday, June 01, 2009

June 1st

Today is June 1st.

June 17th will be a day of fireworks in the sky and champagne corks flying over the bridge. As bad as it is to say this (especially during this economy), June 17th will be the day I leave my job and dance off into eternal happiness (that is figuratively speaking; realistically, probably celebrate and be in joyful state of mind for a very, very long time).

Truth be told, I have never been this happy to quit a job. Even the end of summer '04, after donning a hideous neon green vest and wide leg pants at Knotts, wrapping Christmas ornaments, organizing stuffed animals, and retrieving over priced cowboy boots for people who are crazy enough to wear that stuff will not have produced the same amount of good riddance endorphins as this upcoming June 17th will. I know it.

As much as I am a chief complainer about the train wreck that I deal with everyday that are "push" factors pushing me away from ever wanting to get within a 5 mile radius of that elementary school, I would actually say that a good 65% of my expected happiness are the pull factors: primarily what the future- both far and immediate- beholds.

I haven't figured out how to write it, what to include, or how to organize it (thematically? chronologically?), but the next few blogs will be reflections of this past year spent at the local school, and maybe reflections of this year in general.

No comments: